Pages

Tuesday 13 June 2017

Defending Butter & Bacon

As I mentioned in the last post, I ordered some more Danes from QRF, and hey presto! They arrived yesterday. Great service from QRF.
Files, scalpel and glue at the ready, I've transplanted the MG from the Walker Bulldogs to make Recce Landrovers, added crew and stowage as necessary. Today will be the messy bit with stocking mesh, white glue and tea-leaves.


Generally speaking, the QRF models are easy to assemble and make good representations of the vehicles, while the infantry paint up quickly and look pretty good, but the Unimog is a real pain to assemble.

Post tea-leaves, ready for black undercoat
Now all I am wondering is whether to add anything further to the battlegroup. It's very tempting to grab a few more landrovers as transports for the SAM teams, and the dismounted TOW. Plus another couple of APC and some more infantry would give me basically a mechanised battalion plus supports. Hmmmm...


No comments:

Post a Comment